Welcome to Conspiracycafe.net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

S H T F Missed Ingredients

* - - - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

dreamwalker

dreamwalker

Darkness

• VIP Elite Member
  • 13,607 posts
The Wahoonie
  • Interests:Determining the best way to escape.
  • DOB: Good side of 30

• I am: Locked and Loaded

• Country flag:
So lets say you are prepped to stay at home under a worse case scenario. With go bags ready to go (can't take the crap from MUN for leaving that out). You may have what you think are all the basics covered; food, water, medication, fuel, ammo. batteries, communication equipment.. What are the items you are likely to forget? How important are they in a transitional period if not long term? Please name three. Yes just three, and why they would be important in the transitional/ long term. Things that people take for granted are a good start. I'll start.

Toilet paper:

Have that one stocked? Or hate yourself later for having to quickly deal with the alternatives?

Nails:

A hammer does little good without them, building or repairing comes in handy. For those that say screws instead, go for it! once that power drill with the phillips head dies and you no longer have the means to recharge it, you and that phillips head screwdriver are going to get extremely intimate. Don't lose it!

Insecticide:

being knocked down a few hundred tiers in technology will give other species of animal a far greater advantage, expect a massive increase in the insect population. Protect your food.

What three do you got? :)

-Dreamwalker

Edited by dreamwalker, 02 June 2012 - 04:03 AM.

"I've got a silver spoon on a chain.. I've got a grand piano to prop up my mortal remains. I've got wide staring eyes. I've got a strong urge to fly!! But I've got nowhere to fly to."
-Pink Floyd

Harte

Harte

Skeptic

• VIP Elite Member
  • 2,775 posts
The Sluzzgreeps pyjama's
  • DOB: Shit, older than Cary

• I am: Spartacus

• Country flag:
1) Condoms
Aside from the usual and obvious use, condoms are sterile (so is urine, BTW) and can be used for many purposes.

2) Sunblock
Ouch.

3) Paperclips or wire hangers
These can both be fashioned by hand into a plethora of useful items.

Harte
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
Thomas Jefferson

Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. Bertrand Russell

Ubi dubium ibi libertas.

Gee, what a boring ass world it would be without the likes of us messed up whack job psycho arrogant motherfuckers who DONT BUY INTO EVERYTHING. Risata

Sometimes a shitty stick is just a stick covered in shit and not a Gubbermint plot to makes sticks useless to us. Grayson

baudmiksen

baudmiksen

Conspiratus Illuminatus

• Admin Staff
  • 3,629 posts
Totally Scrotnig
  • DOB: Youthful & funloving

• I am: Chilled

• Country flag:
Sunblock. LOL!

Harte

Harte

Skeptic

• VIP Elite Member
  • 2,775 posts
The Sluzzgreeps pyjama's

• Country flag:
I patiently await the moment when someone puts my number one (condoms) together with the urine information to suggest "water" balloons.

Harte
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
Thomas Jefferson

Ubi dubium ibi libertas.

Gee, what a boring ass world it would be without the likes of us messed up whack job psycho arrogant motherfuckers who DONT BUY INTO EVERYTHING. Risata

Sometimes a shitty stick is just a stick covered in shit and not a Gubbermint plot to makes sticks useless to us. Grayson

baudmiksen

baudmiksen

Conspiratus Illuminatus

• Admin Staff
  • 3,629 posts
Totally Scrotnig
  • DOB: Youthful & funloving

• I am: Chilled

• Country flag:
I wear eyeglasses for distance. I have a feeling that handicap will be the death of me in a SHTF scenario.

dreamwalker

dreamwalker

Darkness

• VIP Elite Member
  • 13,607 posts
The Wahoonie

• Country flag:
Yeah, I'm planning multiple stash locations to hide multiple spare pairs of glasses.

Condoms are only sterile once. The whole drug testing industry revolves around dirty piss. :)
"I've got a silver spoon on a chain.. I've got a grand piano to prop up my mortal remains. I've got wide staring eyes. I've got a strong urge to fly!! But I've got nowhere to fly to."
-Pink Floyd

Harte

Harte

Skeptic

• VIP Elite Member
  • 2,775 posts
The Sluzzgreeps pyjama's

• Country flag:
What a perve you are.

Harte
Thomas Jefferson

Ubi dubium ibi libertas.

dreamwalker

dreamwalker

Darkness

• VIP Elite Member
  • 13,607 posts
The Wahoonie

• Country flag:
Whatever one can do well. :)
-Pink Floyd

Mudpuppy

Mudpuppy

Lord Conspiritalus

• VIP Elite Member
  • 2,141 posts
Wholly Zarjaz
  • DOB: I am Young

• I am: In a Good Mood

• Country flag:
1) Water
2) Water Purifier
3) A year's supply of Kit Kats

1) Condoms
Aside from the usual and obvious use, condoms are sterile (so is urine, BTW) and can be used for many purposes.

2) Sunblock
Ouch.

3) Paperclips or wire hangers
These can both be fashioned by hand into a plethora of useful items.

Harte

Funny as it sounds, you're right. I have a book by Cody Lund-something called How to Save Your Ass in the Woods and condoms are in the mini survival kit because they are small, travel well, are really strong and hold an amazing amount of water. If you couple that with a bandana, you can place one inside the other and use the bandana as a carrying handle type thing.

dreamwalker

dreamwalker

Darkness

• VIP Elite Member
  • 13,607 posts
The Wahoonie

• Country flag:
I've got water taken care of. Kit Kats are a damn good idea. Why not sterile latex gloves instead of condoms? probably far less expensive. I will be thoroughly pissed when I run out of lighters and then run out of matches.
-Pink Floyd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

TopSiteList