Welcome to Conspiracycafe.net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2012 , The Current World Events, What Is Coming And How To Prepare

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Hilda Rivera

Hilda Rivera

Conspirator

• 284 posts
Give me some rep
  • DOB: Good side of 40

• I am: Between a Rock and a Hard Place

• Country flag:
Well you can always tell them the reason why you can't walk a straight line is because there is a pole shift happening, or you keep falling down because there is an earth quake.http://www.conspiracycafe.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif Oh and just in case if you get caught in a strange bed with a strange lady, you can always use my ex husbands excuse, a tornado dropped you there.http://www.conspiracycafe.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/LMAO.gif

Harte

Harte

Skeptic

• VIP Elite Member
  • 2,776 posts
The Sluzzgreeps pyjama's
  • DOB: Shit, older than Cary

• I am: Spartacus

• Country flag:
"Tornado?"

What's so weird about that?

No, some aliens abducted me and dropped me off in the wrong bedroom!

Harte
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
Thomas Jefferson

Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. Bertrand Russell

Ubi dubium ibi libertas.

Gee, what a boring ass world it would be without the likes of us messed up whack job psycho arrogant motherfuckers who DONT BUY INTO EVERYTHING. Risata

Sometimes a shitty stick is just a stick covered in shit and not a Gubbermint plot to makes sticks useless to us. Grayson

Hilda Rivera

Hilda Rivera

Conspirator

• 284 posts
Give me some rep

• Country flag:

"Tornado?"

What's so weird about that?

No, some aliens abducted me and dropped me off in the wrong bedroom!

Harte

OMG, that is one excuse the ex never thought of. Gesh, and to think I thought I had heard all of them.

Harte

Harte

Skeptic

• VIP Elite Member
  • 2,776 posts
The Sluzzgreeps pyjama's

• Country flag:

Oh and just in case if you get caught in a strange bed with a strange lady...

Well, usually, the beds are ordinary.

Harte
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
Thomas Jefferson

Ubi dubium ibi libertas.

Gee, what a boring ass world it would be without the likes of us messed up whack job psycho arrogant motherfuckers who DONT BUY INTO EVERYTHING. Risata

Sometimes a shitty stick is just a stick covered in shit and not a Gubbermint plot to makes sticks useless to us. Grayson

dreamwalker

dreamwalker

Darkness

• VIP Elite Member
  • 13,609 posts
The Wahoonie
  • Interests:Determining the best way to escape.
  • DOB: Good side of 30

• I am: Locked and Loaded

• Country flag:
You're right Harte. And I'll stand by it when we are both riding the same tidal wave to oblivion. I'll stare over at you from a few feet away, hundreds of feet in the air and say "regardless, this proves nothing!".

Dreamwalker
"I've got a silver spoon on a chain.. I've got a grand piano to prop up my mortal remains. I've got wide staring eyes. I've got a strong urge to fly!! But I've got nowhere to fly to."
-Pink Floyd

Hilda Rivera

Hilda Rivera

Conspirator

• 284 posts
Give me some rep

• Country flag:
For some strange reason, that would not surprise me at all.http://www.conspiracycafe.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Harte

Harte

Skeptic

• VIP Elite Member
  • 2,776 posts
The Sluzzgreeps pyjama's

• Country flag:

You're right Harte. And I'll stand by it when we are both riding the same tidal wave to oblivion. I'll stare over at you from a few feet away, hundreds of feet in the air and say "regardless, this proves nothing!".

Dreamwalker

Well, it'll prove that we should have sought higher ground.

Harte
Thomas Jefferson

Ubi dubium ibi libertas.

Guest_Mistyhawk_*

Guest_Mistyhawk_*
  • Guests
I disagree with this post! You need to store much longer than 60 days! Rice, Wheat, Dry beans, all have a shelf life of 30+ years. If you really know basic survival, you would know that what is needed to survive tough times is 1. Water (just have a water purifier and you can drink any water or snow), 2. Rice 3. Beans 4. Wheat. Those 4 things will sustain you indefinitely. Having a 30 year supply will be more than enough. You say it is hard to store that much water? Get some low cost "food-grade" barrels and you will be fine. For a 50 gallon barrel, simply fill it with water, pour in a 1/2 cup bleach and after two weeks, empty it. Then fill it with water again and it will stay pure for almost a year. If you cannot afford barrels, then research online the multiple ways to create an instant water well. This can be done with merely chopping down a tree and using the tree to create a well...look it up, it only takes two people to do this. You can create an adobe shelter with mud and animal dung..this is easy to do also...Make sure you add to your supply, plastic sheeting, ponchos (you can get at the dollar store), I have also included a giger counter ( bought really cheap online). I have tons more in my storage, but I just listed the basics. Heck we can all wipe with a leaf if we have to. With what is coming, it's all about self and family, we can survive, we just need to be prepared!

First off, Star, I hate to hear about bad shit happening in your world. I do hope that all will find balance and some sense of normalcay returns soon. If you need protection, give me a shout and I will do what I can to help you out on that front.

To answer Darkbreed....

Like Star, I have training and mindset crafted through years as an Eagle Scout and Army Ranger training. I also am educated in Agronomy (Seed Science).

What one has to find is a happy medium. Squirrelling away massive amounts of provisions is not a wise move. Things do go bad, they expire or sour. Anything more than what you and your family could consume in a two month timeframe is bordering on waste. Why two months? Simple. There is only ever two consecutive months in any clime where either growing food or foraging food becomes difficult. Trust me on this, Nature has to provide for everything and two months is about as long as anything on the planet can last without any intake whatsoever. Sure, the two months on either side of that might be slim, but they won't be barren.

Two months is 60 days. If you hold an adult to only two quarts of water per day, that is still 120 quarts or 30 gallons of water for one person! I have a family of 4 and that would mean that I have to keep 120 GALLONS of water on hand. That is a lot of water to keep handy and bug-free. Food is eaiser to store. Dried/canned food can be stored for much longer, but you run into problems of actually rotating out older stock and replacing with fresh. Most of the foods you can store for a long time are not popular weekly table fare, so finding the right menu to ensure proper rotation becomes an issue. Most things you set aside for emergencies are only good for emergencies. Make sense?

Your plan should be to LOCATE alternate sources of water and forage. Then you can get by with storing 30 to 45 days of emergency rations (foods suited for LONG term type storage) and supplement those e-rations with fresh forage foods.

Remember, if we go through some sort of radio-active event, unless you store your provisions in lead lined cabinets or more than six feet below ground, it will all be useless anyway. There are also many other calamities that can ruin or at least render your stores useless.

I will share with you what I have. Since I live in town now, I had to change up my plans a bit, but I think they are still sound.

Long term food storage:

1 40 pound sack of dried red beans. sealed in a vaccum bag and placed inside a screw top plastic pickle barrel.
1 45 pound sack of rough rice. sealed and stored like the beans.
1 40 pound sack of shelled field corn. sealed and stored like the beans.
1 40 pound sack of rough oats. sealed and stored like the beans.
These are stored in my shop, unmarked and covered with a heavy tarp.

I have about 1 good month of can goods stockpiled and in a rotation with our family menu and grocery habit. This is enough to provide two cans of food per meal for each member of the house. (yes, even breakfast. canned fruit!)

I rotate water. I keep 25 gallons (five, 5 gallon jugs) in reserve. That would be 25 days of drinking water for my family and it can be loaded on my truck for transport easy.

I also make sure that I have at least an extra month of any medication on hand for anything, any of us might be taking at the time. I keep a reserve of pain meds, antiseptics, antibiotics, wound care products and feminine hygene products. This group would last anywhere between 3 to 6 months based upon demand. It fits into a 36"L x 16"W x 12"D duffle bag and even has some room to spare.

I keep a bag packed for each member of my family at the ready. This bag has utillity type clothes good for any season. Some long underware, a sweater, a waterproof jacket, long pants, socks, scarf, wool watch cap and gloves. Each bag has a 7 day personal first aid kit. A "no battery" flashlight, a pocket knife, flint and steel, 3 steel wool pads, a compass and signal mirror. I also have an aluminium water bottle, iodine tabs, and a pocket chainsaw. Each pack has 20' feet of 1/4 inch paracord hanging on the exterior. The last Item attached to the pack is an old Army wool blanket as a bedroll.

My pack is considerably larger and heavier, but the other packs are day-packs and weigh less than 25 pounds.

I have weapons and ammunition for staying put or if I have to hoof it. For obvious reasons, the travel weapons are in common calibers that would be easy to find anywhere in the US. The weapons are light, packable and rugged. They will go bang every time I pull the trigger. 100 rounds of handgun ammo and 200 rounds of rifle ammo. Each sealed in waterproof tins.

I don't have anything that runs on batteries pre-packed. If those type of items work after whatever happens, I can add later.

I also have soft cover plant id books for my region, my Boy Scout Field Manual and my Ranger Fieldbook. What I have forgotten, these books will contain.

I also have a harmonica, some playing cards and a Bible packed away.

Every bit of this planning goes almost unseen. To the casual observer, my family doesn't look any different than anyone else that shops in bulk these days. The "go bags" are in the closet of my hunting room/office and the weapons are safely stored in my gun safe.
There is no outward appearance of hoarding or extreame preparedness. I don't wish to get into a conflict with the have nots right off of the bat.

Most of my firends have similar set-ups. If need be, we can all meet at a pre-determined rally point and pool our resources for the long haul.

The beauty of this is that everything I have on hand can be used for any "normal" type of emergency. I lived through the 1994 ice storm we had here in the Delta with pretty much the same set up. I was without power for three weeks and two of those weeks, I was not able to get more than a mile away from my house due to trees and power pole strewn across every lane of egress away from my house. I wonder how those poor folks in Oaklahoma are fairing right about now?

Speaking of that, I sure hope Smadewell is doing ok.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

TopSiteList